All of the covers sold through Auto Lover are subject to at least a 5 month warranty, and for some products up to 5 years. Whether the product falls under the conditions of provided warranty or not is decided on a case-to-case basis.
In the unlikely event of you need to use the provided warranty, here are the steps to follow:
- Please contact our Customer Support;
- Make sure to provide pictures/videos to our Customer Support, showcasing the problem or issue you are experiencing with your car cover;
- After careful consideration, our Customer Support specialist will contact you to talk about proceeding to the solution: which can either be the repair or replacement of your car cover.
In case we agree to go forward with the replacement procedure, here is the approximate process you can expect:
- The customer will need to ship the car cover back to us. The terms of return shipping are outlined in our return policy guideline.
- As soon as we receive the car cover in our fulfillment center, we will inspect the product, provide you with a detailed report, and offer either a replacement or refund option in accordance with our return policy guidelines.
The following cases will not be considered eligible for the warranty:
- Tears in the material are not covered under the warranty (examples: rips as a result of protruding vehicle parts, and rips as a result of forced stretching of the material), damage caused by the weather, normal wear, or leftover dirt.
- The outer layer cracking does not lower the effectiveness of the cover itself, so it is not covered by the warranty, as well as the discoloration over time.
- Autoloverusa.com is not responsible for damage caused by lacquer paint from repainted surfaces. It’s not advisable to cover a repainted vehicle right away. The appropriate time frame should be checked with your body shop. The new paint requires a cure time and will cause damage to the cover if the cure time is not met.
- DO NOT cover the vehicle unless it is dry and cooled down, the windows and the sunroof is closed, and the convertible top or a T-top is up and closed.
- DO NOT keep the cover on why performing maintenance tasks on the vehicle. The warranty does not cover damage caused by towing, or in other ways transporting the vehicle with the cover on.
- Damage as a result of misuse or harmful exploitation of the product is not covered by the warranty.
- Damage to the cover caused by natural disasters, any animals (wild, domestic, or other), and humans is not covered under the warranty. The product should be properly handled and utilized since purchase.
- The company must not be held liable in case of damage to your vehicle caused by hail.
- The warranty does not cover the deformation of the material, i.e. expanding or shrinking.
- If the product has been purchased in ‘used’, or in an ‘open box’ condition, it is not covered by the warranty.
- You can exchange or return the product within 30 days of the purchase and expect a refund, in case the receipt is present and available. After the indicated 30 days, any issue with the product will be viewed under this warranty policy. No refunds are issued after the 30-day period.
EXAMPLES OF NEGLIGENT OR ABUSIVE USE:
Damage caused by using inappropriate devices the attach the straps or improper strap attachment process; Exposure to harmful chemicals (e.g. paints, acids, all sorts of solvents, alkaline materials, and others), burns, melted areas from cigarettes, or other; Damaged grommets by pulling or tearing; Different kinds of cuts and punctures as well as abrasions; Burst or cut threads from the cover; Overexposure to a source of excessive heat; Overstretching the material during installation, or dragging over a harmful surface or damaging materials; using this product in ways other than as a car cover.
All accessories purchased as an addon can be returned within 30 days from the date indicated on the receipt. Those include cable locks, gust straps, safety kits, floor mats, windshield sunshades, etc. After the 30 days are up, they are no longer refundable and do not come with a warranty beyond that.